Monday, May 27, 2013

Game Day and Homestuck Cookies

Mateo had some friends over to play some games; Pokemon and Dungeons and Dragons.  I made Homestuck cookies for the boys since they are fans of the webcomic.  It turned out to be a beautiful day and I'm glad they got to spend some time outside.  I haven't mentioned that we have been working on our outdoor kitchen and it is just about done.  We are so excited and looking forward to finally enjoying our backyard this Summer.  I will post some pictures of the project soon, for now, you can see part of it in some of the pictures below.















For the cookies, especially the t-shirt ones, I had to use a lot of black.  Some of the deep icing colors, like black, tend to be bitter.  I like to add a little flavoring to the icing like almond or vanilla extract to mask the bitter taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment